Eight years ago, we began a series on Essential doctrines of the Faith. In the first episode, recorded back in January of 2009, we discussed seven doctrines that are foundational to Christianity. Every January since, with one exception, we have dug more deeply into each of those seven doctrines. For this episode, Bob DeWaay returns to conclude the series with a discussion on the Doctrine of Resurrection.
An Outline of the Discussion
-  And if Christ has not been raised, your faith is futile and you are still in your sins.  Then those also who have fallen asleep in Christ have perished.  If in Christ we have hope in this life only, we are of all people most to be pitied. – 1 Corinthians 15:17-19 (ESV)
- The resurrection of Jesus Christ is the greatest apologetic proof of the validity of Christianity.
- The proof of a general, universal resurrection is the resurrection of Christ.
- If Jesus was truly raised from the dead, and He predicted his own resurrection, we have to believe Him.
- Jesus really did die; the swoon theory has been thoroughly discredited.
- There is no early writer who even claims to have come across a tomb with the body of Jesus in it; there was never a body to produce.
- The disciples were the cowards in the story, and the testimony of the resurrection came from women, who were not legal witnesses under Roman law, so there is no reason to believe the story was made up.
- The fulfillment of the prophesies regarding the resurrection of Christ point to a hermeneutic that is consistent with a pre-millennial view of eschatology.
- Liberal theology effectively denies the Resurrection. Liberalism is pitiful.
- 1 Corinthians 15:17-20
- Matthew 16:21
- Matthew 27:57-60, 61-8:15
- Isaiah 53:9-10
- Hebrews 2:16-17
- John 5:28
- Evidence For The Resurrection of Christ – April 2003 Sermon Bob preached (Youtube)
- Who Moved the Stone? – Frank Morison (Amazon, non-affiliate)
- The Resurrection of Jesus: A Jewish Perspective – Pinchas Lapide (Amazon, non-affiliate)
- Five Truths About the Resurrection of Jesus
- The Resurrection of Jesus Christ and the Reality of the Gospel – Albert Mohler
- The Resurrection of Jesus – Jerry Bridges